Antique Noritake Plate; Check on Large Chinese Plate?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thunder L, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Thunder L

Thunder L New Member

So I found this Noritake yellow w floral plate at a thrift store, and purchased for 50c, which from what I can tell is a great buy. It has the morimura mark, and I have dated it as 1922-1947, searched for hours on the web (about 5 total, relentlessly) and couldn't find the same pattern. If anyone could give me more info on it or estimate a value, I appreciate that.. I have considered posting it on ebay for ~$40 but i'm not sure..

The second plate is a large chinese -style plate i found at a store down the street, I haven't purchased it because I see there is no marks. Any thoughts? Old piece, or shoddy reproduction? Its quite large, about 2ft diameter, and has no cracks or chips

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I see three plates.

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

judy, patd8643 and Bakersgma like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to the board.
    I think your large Chinese platter is not very old. Could we see a closer picture of the girl's faces please.

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome Thunder.
    Your Noritake plate dating is correct for the mark. Imho Your plate is late 1940s.
    Mikey

Bakersgma, judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Me, too. The last one looks oval with a yellow rim and gold trim.

Bakersgma likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

2ft diameter for the Chinese one? :eek: That's insanely large. And with no marks I would not recommend. There is really nothing there to hang your hat on.

A series of closeups of the painting would be nice. This one pic is not enough to call it "shoddy,"

8. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

If you were offered $10.00 for it I would take it. We have a whole stack of Morimura marked stuff that doesn't move very well.

9. Thunder L

Thunder L New Member

Appreciate the info thank you

10. Thunder L

Thunder L New Member

Yes my mistake I accidentally uploaded one of a platter. Having a hard time uploading pictures because I can’t from my phone . Thank you for pointing that out

11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

If the pictures are on your phone. You need to email them to yourself as medium, save them, then post from where you saved them.

Draft saved Draft deleted