Featured Antique or vintage metal Christmas tree stand

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lucille.b, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I've always had an artificial tree due to allergies, so wondered if there is anything to note on this older Christmas tree stand.

Measures 9 inches across base. Standard size?

Assume it is vintage at least, what with the square nut on the base. This kind of older Christmas look is right up my alley, but purchased it for resale.

1930's? 50s?

The screws seem to work, so assuming everything is there. Rust inside and on base, but guessing that is normal from use. Is it ready to sell, nothing missing, right?

Thanks.

stand1.jpg stand2.jpg stand5rr.jpg stand4c.jpg

Figtree3, Jivvy, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. The only reason I don't use that style is the lack of water.

Jivvy, Lucille.b, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks great to me. Nice old stand. Would think certainly pre WWII. A lot of these don't have the polychrome decoration or have been repainted.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

6. Lucille.b

Super helpful, everyone. Thank you.

The one in SIS's link is referred to as a "mini" in the description. I was wondering about that. Anyway, will take the tip to include the measurement of the trunk in my description. Probably best for a smaller tree.

Edit: And just noticed the linked description said it was for a "Feather tree stand". But definitely okay for a real tree too, right?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Lucille.b

So you can't use this with water? Remember I'm an artificial tree gal. Totally oblivious to such things. It seems like someone did use this partially with water... or?

Just wondering, I might sell locally and want to be clear to the buyer how this would work.

Thanks!:)

8. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

At 9", it would not support a very large live tree. The inside diameter of the collar doesn't look large enough for the trunk of a live tree, either.

Superb looking piece, by the way.

Lucille.b, judy and i need help like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I use one which site in a large bowl of water. (Much to the cats' delight!)

Lucille.b and i need help like this.
  10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

agree 1920s - 30s. for a smaller tree on a side-table.

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's lovely........and great timing on your part !!!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted