Antique Orange Couch

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by tglode, Jun 7, 2016.

1. tglode

tglode New Member

Hello!

I don't know where else to go to get help with this. We are looking for help getting any information we can at all on this couch. It was bought at a little store in New York City but it does not have any identifying information. We don't necessarily need to know what it is worth, although that would be great, we just want to see if anyone can even give us an estimate on the year. We know nothing about it at all.

See pictures in the album below.

http://imgur.com/a/1TqEI

Thanks so much!

Trevor

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

At the moment I haven't any help on IDing your sofa. I have taken the liberty of editing one of your pics in order to embed it into this thread. Few people will take the time to click on links to see an item because they don't have the time or afraid to for many unknown links can contain malware, unknown hazards. Also your pics are hugeeee both dimensional and weight-wise! Huge pics are very very difficult to view using such medias as phones and iPads/tablets for they are too big for the small screen and take time to load. I chose the pic that shows more of the sofa. It is:
    Weight-wise: 263 MB = 2,147 KB = 276,276,337 bytes
    Dimensional-wise: 2432px wide X 4320px high

Edited pic:
    Weight-wise: 49.2 KB = 50 bytes
    Dimensional-wise: 600px wide X 965px high

A good picture of the whole sofa from the front would certainly help in trying to date/ID furniture. Do wait a while for the furniture folks to show up.

--- Susan

couch.jpg

3. tglode

tglode New Member

Thank you!

I appreciate the help. I can post a better picture tonight if that will be helpful.

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME tglode!! You've found a great source for information here!! Be patient.....others will kick in with more info on your - what looks to be a love seat - from the pictures. It looks to be in great condition - I would guess nicely re-done! Maybe 1880-1920?

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Appears to be a circa 1900 mahogany empire revival piece. Is it really a sofa or a two person settee? These are not in fashion right now. That said, there would be someone who loves it with that appropriate style, albeit a bit garish color, upholstery.

Draft saved Draft deleted