Antique Pie Crust Pillar Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Thrifster, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

This is an old pie crust pillar style table that I just purchased from the ts. It measures about 22" tall and the top is about 17" wide. On the bottom it says "Made In England".

I searched for a table like it but I was not able to locate one. Does anyone know how old this table is and who may have made it or anything else about the table. I paid 3.75 for it do you think it was worth it or is this just an average table with condition issues? Thanks for all replies in advance.

HPIM1555.JPG
    HPIM1556.JPG
    HPIM1557.JPG
    HPIM1558.JPG
    HPIM1559.JPG
    HPIM1560.JPG
    HPIM1561.JPG
    HPIM1564.JPG

Bronwen and Houseful like this.
  2. alex webb

alex webb Well-Known Member

this one is a baker furniture historic charleston version
    [​IMG]

it sold for 495$usd

yourturntoloveit and Bronwen like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think you did well for the money. Not antique. Anywhere from 30s-50s. Would not think the value anywhere near approaches that of the one by Baker.

4. Thrifster

Thrifster Well-Known Member

Thanks alex webb and verybrad for the replies, it definitely sheds more light on the table than I had on it.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It has a Great Gatsby-ish sort of appearance to me.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It seems unusual, and I like it! Would definitely use it for something if I had it.

7. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Alex beat me to the punch about the Baker table, except I could show the one I actually have. Got it at an estate sale last day and fortunately no one knew what it really was. Got it for $50 I think (and that was a steal at that price.) Gave it to my son and daughter-in-law who appreciate stuff like that and were looking for a table like that.

Your 3.75 was well worth it.

Any Jewelry and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Did you notice this is in the shape of a heart? I wonder if the paint is home decorated - why all the green drips on the raised piecrust edge? I can't imagine anyone paying that for the Baker table, but it was 1stdibs which specializes in crazy prices so maybe (though most times there are significant discounts from the 1stdibs listed prices).

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  9. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Baker stuff is going for cray prices around here, especially the Historic Charleston line.

James Conrad likes this.
  10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

... I did notice, at least. That was one thing that seemed unusual...

11. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

I don't see those as drips, but wear, with the green paint showing through the worn spots in the brown/gold paint on the piecrust edge. But I could be wrong.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted