Featured Antique pottery cornucopia vases - majolica? maker identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dmstbr, Oct 18, 2019.

1. dmstbr

dmstbr New Member

I would greatly appreciate any help in identifying the maker/time period of these 2 cornucopia vases that we have inherited. We are in Nederland - likely origin of these vases is certainly European I believe. They stamped underneath with numbers as seen in the photos attached.
    Thanks very IMG_7356 (2).JPG IMG_7359 (2).JPG IMG_7360 (2).JPG IMG_7362 (2).JPG much for any information you can provide.

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Late 19th. I've seen that numbering style, but my brain isn't working. Austrian or German anyhow.

aaroncab, Any Jewelry, blooey and 2 others like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

I agree with Owned. Either Austrian or German in origin. Late 1800s to early 1900s. (Pre WWI).

Any Jewelry and dgbjwc like this.
  4. dmstbr

dmstbr New Member

Thanks for the welcome. This gives me something to start with. I think that I have been so distracted with the windmills and thinking that it must be Dutch! :) Appreciate your input.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. dmstbr

dmstbr New Member

Thanks for your reply. I agree with the time period based on similar style of vases that I have seen. Austria and Germany will give me more to go on I think. If your brain starts working again, please do let me know about the numbering if you have any ideas. I have also seen this type of numbering on Dutch pottery before and usually it is the style number of the model of the piece. Can also be linked to the artist who has painted the vase. But usually it is in addition to a factory mark on the item. At least that is my limited experience. Love a challenge! Thanks for your input.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted