Antique Sideboard - style/vintage question

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by WillyJ, Nov 22, 2020.

1. WillyJ

WillyJ New Member

Hi Antiquers
    I'm new to the board so hoping you can help me out. I restore vintage furniture for our local animal shelter thrift shop and received a donated sideboard. I do not recognize the style or period though - hoping you experts can help me out. Thanks in advance. c23ea54a06d4121502329f3f3b7d0516.jpg.max600.jpg a5980c274683f2992b9a6002dac4fada.jpg.max600.jpg

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looks like the art nouveau period ca. 1900, most notably with the drawer pulls. The strapwork hinges are romantic/picturesque, found in revival furniture in the early 20th century and with the "Modern Gothic" as exemplified by firms like Kimball & Cabus starting in the 1870s.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

WillieJ, I can't help with your questions but . . . I want to thank you for being a helper for your local Animal Shelter through its thrift shop. ;)

Ghopper1924, Houseful and Aquitaine like this.
  4. WillyJ

WillyJ New Member

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  5. WillyJ

WillyJ New Member

Thanks - I hate seeing well made older furniture be discarded so my relationship with the animal shelter shop is mutually beneficial - I get to resurrect old well made furniture and they get a significant amount more in donation/purchase. Take care stay healthy !

6. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

WillyJ please excuse me for misspelling your name in my previous posting (post number 3 on this thread). :( :shame:

Draft saved Draft deleted