Antique Vanity with Large Round Mirror

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Ammw87, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ammw87

Ammw87 New Member

photostudio_1522093819706.jpg photostudio_1522093767676.jpg photostudio_1522092665670.jpg photostudio_1522092719563.jpg Hello! : )
    We were gifted this vanity years ago. It is currently just sitting in my basement taking up space. I'm curious to know the "name" of this piece, time period or era, potential value, and even the manufacturer if anyone knows. It looks as though there may have been a paper label nailed to the back at one time, along with the stamped information. But all that is left is the nail and a bit of old brown paper. No marks or lettering to be seen. I also either want to sell this or use it. Would it be worth my while to paint it a fun and vibrant color for re-purposing? Or should the finish be left alone? Please help! : ) photostudio_1522092665670.jpg photostudio_1522092719563.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Run of the mill 1930s vanity. These were sold cheaply when new,and theres countless ones still out there. id paint it and have fun with it,value is nominal.

Aquitaine and Ammw87 like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Ammw87!!!! I'm not usually an advocate of painting, but your piece looks to be in fairly rough shape.....which leads me to suggest painting it some fun color/s might just be the thing to do!!!! BUT, others might also be along with their input and suggestions more constructive!!!!:):)

Ammw87 likes this.
  4. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Paint away IMHO.

Ammw87 likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Seconded or thirded. Paint away. The finish looks shot, and there's at least one veneer chip on the mirror. These don't sell for enough to restore it unless it's a family piece, have fun. I'd paint it some bright color and let some little girl use it as a desk. Cobalt blue, hot pink, raspberry, orange, bright yellow, or ... paint it white and put a rainbow on it? Better yet, paint it light blue and use glass paint to put a rainbow on the mirror!

Ammw87 likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I think just a tad later.... 40s. Would not be surprised to find a date on the back side of the mirror if you check. No harm in painting this one.

Ammw87 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted