Antiques are the worst

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Treasure Fox, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Treasure Fox

Treasure Fox New Member

Yes, thats what I used to think! Only stinky grandmas like antiques. Yuck. And then just like a Hallmark movie, BAM! I fell in love with them I’m now 36 years old and I’m just starting to research and “hunt” for antiques everywhere I go. Full disclosure; my husband and I are resellers. He is more into new stuff, but I love old “junk”. We do resell some pieces I find, but I rescue and fix a lot and keep those. I’m obsessed with thrifting, not just for pieces, but for random antique books that I can learn from. I WANT ALL THE BOOKS. I love reading and learning. I’m really excited to be among a group of people who know their stuff so they can help educate me! Thanks in advance!

Bronwen, judy, kyratango and 8 others like this.
  2. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

welcome aboard.

judy, Sandra and Treasure Fox like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

5. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

You should do just fine when re-selling. You really know how to write attention- grabbing headers, "Please don't be mad at me" and "Antiques are the worst", made me want to read the content of your posts immediately!
    You will find many knowledgable experts here on a variety of items and as long as you provide clear photos and as much information as you already know, help is on the way. Welcome to the site!

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

What do you mean by 'Stinky Grandmas' ?? What a nasty thing to say .. many Grandmas 0n this board. Your post is rather 'Stinky' in my opinion ... Joy.

Sandra and komokwa like this.
  7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Joy,
    She USED to think THAT about some Grandmas. However she has changed her mind and is being one herself!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think that last nasty poster got you in a tizzy.
    greg

bluumz, judy and kyratango like this.
  8. Christmasjoy

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Treasure Fox!

10. Christmasjoy

I'm taking a break .. I've just been called a whore several times, a slut .. and that I'm dancing naked ... I'm not used to this at all and there'a a big painful lump in my throat.

kyratango likes this.
  11. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Joy, please don't feel discouraged by the rantings of someone obviously not thinking clearly. There is a lot of confusion in that person's head and they don't know you.
    We do. Nothing but respect for you my friend and even a short break is longer than we want you away.

kyratango likes this.
  12. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Uh, did I miss something? Wow, I hope you're okay, @Christmasjoy

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  13. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I love you Joy
    And welcome treasure fox.

kyratango likes this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

@Christmasjoy Who is being mean to you? That is totally unacceptable. You are a lovely person.

sabre123 likes this.
  15. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

we have a nasty troll on another thread who attacked our Joy.

kyratango, KikoBlueEyes and sabre123 like this.
  16. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Yes, I just snooped around and saw that. Unbelievable!

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  17. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I figured it had to be some jerk.

kyratango likes this.
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't me.(LOL) I can do a really good stinky troll imitation if I'm cheesed off enough. Welcome to the Funny Farm!

kyratango and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  19. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Joy, that troll was a 1st class NUTCASE if there ever was one!!!!!!!! PLEASE ignore all she said.....I got attacked too, but it apparently rolled right off!!! I usually know "CRAZY" when I "see" or "hear" it........and I didn't even respond directly to her.....just pleaded with Davey to hurry and remove her!!!!! Haven't gone back to look either!!!!! Have a nice cuppa tea.... herbal and try to chill.....you'll feel better for it!!! We love you!!!!

kyratango, KikoBlueEyes and Sandra like this.
  20. KikoBlueEyes

It's still there. I checked and no moderator is on duty right now. I read some of it and it is just antagonist and quarrelsome. I don't participate, as they just want to dump their nastiness onto someone for sport. I hope Joy realizes it wasn't directed at her. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

kyratango likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted