Featured Any idea about this model cars

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mariyan perera, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Mariyan perera

Mariyan perera Well-Known Member

Guys i saw a set of cars yesterday on a garage sale. they seems so sweet. But was on my way to work and couldn't check them properly. They seems to be model cars. any of you guys got a clue about that. she said her h 20170726_120741.jpg 20170726_120751.jpg 20170726_120819.jpg 20170726_120831.jpg 20170726_120841.jpg usband's father's collection. one is $15 per each. i do not know the is it worth. please advise if any of you are familier with those. Really sorry about the quality of the pics.

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

The top two Mercedes seem to be older models, the rest appear more modern reproductions but it is hard to tell from the pictures.
    The makers names on the chassis and the sizes are required to make a better judgement.

Any Jewelry and KingofThings like this.
  3. In For the old guy

In For the old guy Active Member

VINTAGE SET OF 4 FRANKLIN MINT 1987 CARS MIX LOT 4 DIFFERENT CARS GOOD CONDITI
    See original listing VINTAGE SET OF 4 FRANKLIN MINT 1987 CARS MIX LOT 4 DIFFERENT CARS GOOD CONDITI
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winning bid:

US $17.95
    [ 1 bid ]

Shipping:
    $12.95 Economy Shipping |

• [​IMG]
      Franklin Mint 1:24 1921 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Tourer Solid Copper Body SC 38G
      • Sold $140.27
      • In other words, vary tremendously based on maker, Hubley being one of the tops. Franklin Mint OK. And about 50 other places they could have been made.
    • My advice. If you really love them as much as I do - go for a bunch of them at, of course, a nice discount. IF THEY ARE DIE CAST 10 to 15 inches, in decent condition I personally would grab them all for ten bucks each.

• Sadly, I will say they may not still be there. But I'll cheer for you to get there on time.

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  4. Mariyan perera

Hey thanks a lot guys. By the way what are the factors that make them expensive. is it the ratio or the condition. Any good auction sites to buy some of these other than ebay. maybe having a good collection?

5. Mariyan perera

By the way guys il try to put a visit and get the back of the images to see whats the models or make are? So i might be able to put the pictures of it

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

unless u can identify the really good ones....I'd pass

7. daveydempsey

I had a 10 inch tinplate 1955 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe made by Bandai of Japan last year, it pulled £300.
    You have to do your homework.

8. In For the old guy

Mariyan, first, let us know if there are any left at the sale. I'd be surprised if they are metal - die cast. It seems to me they are. But I've only been wrong twice today, so I have a few more left.
    I cannot give you all the names of makers. Not enough room. Best and quickest research is on eBay. Probably a few thousand of them, all makes, sizes, materials, vintages, etc., etc., etc. Check offers and then sales only. When you get an idea what you like best use advanced search.

I didn't pay close attention at first and thought you were a guy. So figured you would have bought some at first chance. Gals don't quite react that way with model cars.

Either way, maybe grab a few if there and check their record on eBay. IMHO you would make a profit if you bought a bunch at a low price.

BTW, davey, just noticed your sig. Best one on the antiquers. By far. And, BTW, how long has she been there?

9. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

IIRC some of these models are exact replicas, IOW, the scale/proportions is the same as the real car except smaller. Those, I think are worth more than the die cast ones, but then Dinky toys, Matchbook cars and Hot Wheels all have their own following.

10. Mariyan perera

Hey thanks a lot people. il try to get the backs of it. Well i think they'll still be there. Well the location is on the way to my office. off the main road. if some one really wants to come here. they will come. if not they won't. anyway il get you the backs and makes of these models. So in summary you guys say if they are Die cast worth buying right?? or Hubly too

11. In For the old guy

12. Mariyan perera

Guys i purchased some. further there were some other models. I took some pics. Do not know the background of these models. pls advise if you people are familar with these.

20170816_102639.jpg 20170816_102653Nw.jpg

13. Mariyan perera

This one is a rio model. make is italy. anyone familiar.

20170816_102748.jpg 20170816_102758.jpg

14. daveydempsey

15. Mariyan perera

Hey thanks a lot dave. i bought them for $20 each the rio ones. seems bit expensive na. By the way there were some other ones i bought. any idea about those?

20170816_102822.jpg 20170816_102904.jpg 20170816_102916.jpg 20170816_102922.jpg 20170816_103334.jpg 20170816_103344.jpg

16. Mariyan perera

The small car attached in the last pic of mine. lack the finer details. it was around $10. is it a modern remake?

17. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

The red one is an MG I think; made by Majorette of France. No idea of age or value though.

Draft saved Draft deleted