Any idea on plate markings? Any info?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nick Grady, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Nick Grady

Nick Grady Member

Title says it all. Picked up this cool plate. But cannot identity. Thanks guys! B3C538D7-38FC-4D34-88E2-2BC34A436F9F.jpeg 6AA59F8B-F298-487C-9C75-1296378A0DAF.jpeg 11F28A90-F5F8-4CAB-ABA3-A39E45F052F7.jpeg

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just Darkened & Contrasted....DOES THIS help anyone at all?????

DARKENED-CONTRASTED.jpg

judy, i need help and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

@Aquitaine Can you do that signature on the back of the plate too?

judy and i need help like this.
  4. Nick Grady

Nick Grady Member

I just got this one figured. It’s a plate by John staples I believe.

5. Aquitaine

If you mean the one near what I darkened, I DID TRY and it was too faint, but I JUST saw the other one today....that's in a different location....will see what happens @LauraGarnet02 !
    UPDATED:
    When everything is so light, it's hard to get a contrast....best I could do, but a suggestion I haven't heard in a while.....try rubbing or sprinkling some cinnamon in the lettering to see if you get a better contrast!!!
    I'm honestly not sure AT ALL what it says...pretty sure I see an 'a' second letter in and an 'e' at the end...the others am just not sure of....good luck!!!!

BOTTOM OF PLATE.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

LauraGarnet02, say_it_slowly and judy like this.
  7. Aquitaine

YAY!!!!! You/someone figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

LauraGarnet02 and Nick Grady like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted