any idea on the maker of this ceramic figurine? looks German

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Hochst. Very pretty!

3. sassafras

4. sunday silence

But is this a reproduction? The mark is like the one shown to C C Puhlmann and son; and also the Fasold and Stauch, right? Those are reproduction factories.

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

not sure - piece looks older the 1970's but hard to say what it is from pics ....need to compare with other examples ....nice group though whatever it is. Other makers likely reproduced Hochst over the centuries also.

6. sassafras

Sorry it took so long to get back. Had a meeting.

They didn't do this type of thing.

Think you have an original Hochst. :) The reproductions didn't produce the kind of quality that the originals had and the porcelain itself has a different look.

The link http://www.porcelainbiz.com/hoechst.htm has some great pieces. If you click on each of the figurines, they have multiple close up pics for you to look at for comparison.

7. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

The piece oozes quality. Wonderful figurine.

8. sunday silence

THanks so much for the other pics. I was not able to find any examples on my own.

Even I can see the quality here. The hair is made similar to some of the Meissen pieces we were comparing last week.

But still not sure about the mark. The one to Puhlmann and son is clearly most similar/same to the one here. The paid data base I am using also says Puhlmann and so made repros in the 1970s.

Draft saved Draft deleted