Any idea where and when this four faced lidded urn was made??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

This four faced lidded urn was listed as a “European pottery face vase” and I suspect that is about as good as it is going to get. The base looks a little newish to me but might be last century or yesterday on a fast boat from China. Anybody familiar with this style?

Data 27.3cm High, 23cm Nose to Nose, 2.15Kg

Cheers

Stephen

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  2. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet on it being Asian ...
    ruuz1.JPG

... Then again I do not think that your ceramic is one of these - this is by Kiss Rooz a Hungarian maker. In fact I am inclined to think that yours might be French ... I'm checking it out ...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Miscstuff and judy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

It makes me think of 1970s Scandinavian pottery.

Miscstuff and blooey like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and Miscstuff like this.
  5. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

Yes - that's the guy - Bjørn Wiinblad!

Any Jewelry and Miscstuff like this.
  6. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

It shall here in be known as the "Bjørn Wiinblad inspired four faced lidded urn - possibly 1970s". That's an honest selling description I can live with.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted