Featured Any idea who this lady is or what “type” of lady she is?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Jul 28, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Oddly the setting is marked just 18k. I haven’t been able to check the pin itself yet for hallmarks. The back of enamel is marked just “France”. Maybe someone has a good explanation as to why French artwork and not French gold setting? Wondering who the lady may be or at least what era and status? I’ve never sold an unbroken piece of jewelry for scrap knowingly. Wondering if this one will have any real demand as jewelry? Hopefully it will. If not I killed it on gold weight vs. price paid. DD632CCD-565D-474C-8430-117C97D42635.jpeg F5EBC091-D435-4076-B1E5-B3C0E5B7C692.jpeg

komokwa, bercrystal and wlwhittier like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

She's a fantasy. Modern interpretation of period costume. Appears to be wearing Tudor era v-shaped bodice and Medici collar. Here's Elizabeth I wearing something similar.

Debora

elizabethi.jpg

Figtree3, kyratango and J Dagger like this.
  4. J Dagger

Thanks for supplying these links. I see a lot of lofty hopes here and on eBay for similar things. I think my setting is unique but not as nice as many. Many have pearls and/or turquoise, I like those. The portrait on mine is not the best either. It’s pretty decent but not great for sure. I can’t really see anyone wearing it. In an auction where people paid up for some nice jewelry they ignored this. Luckily the gold buyers missed it too. Maybe I’ll just price ultra competitively vs other similar things but still a chunk over melt and see what happens.

Figtree3, kyratango and Roaring20s like this.
  5. J Dagger

She may be a fantasy but she won’t be in my fantasies. I’m not so fond of her.

I guess she looks a bit like Princess Diana, face wise.

6. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

7. J Dagger

Draft saved Draft deleted