Any ideas about what is missing?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Houseful, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Silver pendant has something missing looking at the empty ring. Any ideas please anyone or make a suggestion as to what would look right as a replacement? Chain is 16 ins, the pendant three quarters of an inch diameter. I’m also thinking this is likely not British due to sterling mark? Thanks for any info or suggestions.
    E7766387-2FE7-4813-9C6C-A567334B8D23.jpeg C66C443A-C5A1-4890-9AAF-3D3A1A6242DC.jpeg
    210B7DC0-9F96-4631-A999-897C5C0C2D80.jpeg

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A very pretty smaller pendant. A dainty silver rose maybe?

KSW and Sandra like this.
  3. Houseful

Thanks AJ, it does need a bit of prettying up so a flower would do that. It’s an odd design with the herringbone pattern. I’m finding it hard to date it.

KSW and Sandra like this.
  4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Is it the right size for a coin? Otherwise, anything that fits. I can imagine it with a painted porcelain plaque, perhaps with the suggested rose.

KSW and Houseful like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

It would have to be a small, ready mounted plaque, because there is no way to mount it in the ring. There is only the small ring at the top to which you could attach a small pendant.

KSW, Houseful and Bronwen like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Might be British, a lot of smalls were marked like that. May have been a teardrop pearl or similar shaped stone.

KSW, Houseful, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  7. Houseful

Thank you to all.
    There’s a bag of single earrings here somewhere and there will be a spare flower or pearl.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Would a nice silver dollar fit?????

KSW likes this.
  9. Houseful

I don’t know how big that would be but I might have an old UK sixpence knocking around here though. People here used to drill holes in them quite often.
    8A8B0C4F-F4DD-4362-93F8-1DD0B99959AC.jpeg

Aquitaine likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

A sixpence with a drilled hole would look very out of place in that nice ring.

I know the round shape suggests an insert of sorts, but the lack of prongs at the back and the presence of a ring for a dangle means that it wasn't for an insert.

KSW likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I still vote teardrop shaped dangle. I might have something lying around.

KSW and Houseful like this.
  12. Houseful

Thanks OBB but no worries I have a mountain of stuff here where I’m sure I’ll find something suitable. I’m having a sort out now, that’s why I came across the pendant. I’m staggered how much I’ve accumulated over the years, my fault for not getting onto online selling platforms and just doing the occasional carboot and Vintage Fair.

13. Houseful

Dangle is right with the ring present as you say. Something silver or a pearl.

Draft saved Draft deleted