Any Info on Indonesia (?) painting & Artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 2, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a thrift store today. Is it Indonesian?
    Has anyone heard of the artist?
    What is Klob? (last word) - the signature must have more than the artist's name in it, right?
    Thanks for your help!

ART PAINTING INDONESIA INDIAN 1A_AA.jpg ART PAINTING INDONESIA INDIAN 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING INDONESIA INDIAN 5AA.jpg

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Your dudes name is ketut soki.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. journeymagazine

Wow!
    Thank you!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Your welcome

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I get totally different images, nothing to do with painting or Bali, and it says the search is for 'kt darshan penestanan', whereas this is by Kt Darsa, not Darshan.:confused:

Penestanan is the name of a suburb of painter's village Ubud. Ubud proper is the ultimate tourist trap on touristy Bali, so people are now moving to Penestanan. Soon Penestanan will have Starbucks etc as well, and people will have to move somewhere else.
    The painting is in the Penestanan naive style. It is cute, and I like the colours, but it is not of major Balinese artist quality.

Ketut is the name of a fourth child in a Balinese family, boy or girl. It is also the word for a small banana.:playful:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Christmasjoy, Bakersgma and Jivvy like this.
  7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Lol I just saw that like an hour ago when coming across another link I found but couldn't comment back since I was at work. Yeah im totally confused now. :dead:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

When I went on Google and type in kt Darsa penestanan came up with the ketut soki in paranthesis

9. Any Jewelry

That is because Google doesn't know the Balinese naming system and Ketut Soki is the most famous Ketut in Penestanan.:playful:
    Ketut Soki is famous for extremely colourful and intricate paintings, which are signed with his own name. A similar painting by him would look like this:

[​IMG]

http://www.ketutsoki.com/theart.htm

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Christmasjoy and Jivvy like this.
  10. journeymagazine

A better image of mine taken with my camera (instead of phone) - um.. so what is the artist name of mine that I would put in the title of a listing?
    Thanks again - I too was/am lost with this signature!

ART PAINTING INDONESIA INDIAN 1A_A_BARESIZE.jpg ART PAINTING INDONESIA INDIAN 1A_A_EAresize.jpg

11. journeymagazine

Also - why did artist paint mine so brown instead of green? Is it summer/drought season, or easier that painting with lush green?

12. Any Jewelry

The artist's name is Kt Darsa. Forget about the other artist.;)
    It is good to mention Penestanan and Bali as well. The subject is planting and harvesting rice, btw.

Bali doesn't have a drought season, it is green all year round. This is just artistic licence. I like it, and it makes other things stand out more.

Jivvy likes this.
  13. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted