Any info on this Rudolph Wachter Mark/Gold Tea Set?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by arguston, Jun 19, 2021.

1. arguston

arguston New Member

I recently bought a gold toned tea set with a Rudolph Wachter 34 Made in Germany mark along with an unknown "BBB" mark. I can't find any info about what this BBB mark might be:

The tea set is gold toned, but I don't know if it is actually gold plated/painted. Unsure of the date. It looks very very similar to this tea set, except the tea cups and finials on top of the lids are slightly different in shape: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/antique-rw-rudolph-wachter-porcelain-473986569

I haven't been able to find one just like it online, so I don't know how to date or value it. I'm wondering if it's a later, more modern reproduction of the tea set I linked above.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the BBB was the retailer?

3. arguston

arguston New Member

Do retailers sometimes do that? Mark the porcelain?

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

all the time....marks...stickers....stamps.......
    retailers want to advertize...

Aquitaine and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

or importer when they were sole importers for a foreign market.
    well known example is Oakware for Bernard Bloch items.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

DizzyDaff likes this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

8. arguston

arguston New Member

I'm not sure why neither of my previous responses ever posted but: thanks everyone for your responses!

Draft saved Draft deleted