Featured ANY INFO ON VINTAGE RUSSIAN OLYMPICS CLOCK?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Nov 16, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

My friend won a storage unit at a auction & this is one of the smalls I bought from him.
    Is it rare? Valuable?
    I found a old French clock with a hand painted Noah's Ark scene on it that I ended up selling on eBay for several $100's - I know this isn't hand painted - or French! - but I think it's unusual enough (and it's a key wind clock) that I was/am hopeful it has some value.
    Thanks for any info!
    CLOCK RUSSIAN OLYMPICS 1AAZ.jpg CLOCK RUSSIAN OLYMPICS 1AA (2).jpg CLOCK RUSSIAN OLYMPICS 2AZ.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The logo is of the Moscow Summer Olympics 1980.
    The style is like Russian lacquer boxes, etc, with Art Deco style numbers. Does it feel like it could be papier maché?

Figtree3, Christmasjoy, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

likely sell better during the games....or to a russian ex pat...

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or to a country who did well at those Games. The Americans boycotted, so there isn't much Summer 1980 stuff here and it isn't much collected.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. komokwa

7. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. komokwa

upload_2018-11-16_18-46-0.jpeg upload_2018-11-16_18-55-45.jpeg

Terry Mosher...is Aislin....Montreal's finest political cartoonist....a Canadian icon.

I've had that work of his since the 1990's.
    I don't know if it was ever published..

Draft saved Draft deleted