Featured Any information on tall vase; looks like a cut to blue or like a Matisse's Blue Nudes?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by journeymagazine, May 14, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a estate sale - at first I thought t was a "cut to blue" (or red or green depending) and I also thought of Matisse's Blue Nudes art!

There is no signature that I could see.

It measures 15.5" tall x 6.5" wide at base

Can anyone tell me anything about it? I bought a few things today at that estate sale that researching later makes me wish I hadn't - this may be my one redeeming piece!
    Thank you in advance; any help is greatly appreciated.

ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 2AA.JPG ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 2AAA.JPG ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 3AA.JPG ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 4AA.JPG ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 5AA.JPG

Figtree3, Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Getting a peking glass vibe, but I dunno for sure.

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Try using cameo glass as a search term.

4. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Very pretty. Beautiful shade of blue. Never seen one like this. I think it’s special. Fingers crossed. Btw. I just noticed last night that estate sales in my area are now extended to 4 days. Any ideas why? Low attendance or high prices? Anything else?

5. journeymagazine

Thanks say_it_slowly I will.
    Branka this one was packed with people but it was full of so much cool stuff! This is another piece I got there - 1960's political poster (the only other one I can find is in the Oakland Museum of California)

ART POSTER NAVY POLITICAL POSTER 1AA.JPG ART POSTER NAVY POLITICAL POSTER 3AA.JPG

This is the sale - look at some of the stuff they have! (the 1st photo of the woman with a horse face & the man with a horse body - if still there I may get it tomorrow; who did it - Dali? Picasso?)

https://www.estatesales.net/FL/Miami/33168/2838699?force-reload=true

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, @journeymagazine, there's no siggy.....to be clearly seen....at least I don't think so. BUT IF you DO go back, look in FRONT of the FEMALE HORSE'S LEFT foot....there's a hint of a signature I THINK.....but it doesn't look TO ME like either Picasso OR Dali.....so I wouldn't go back JUST for that!!!! There's an AWFUL lot of discoloration!!!

NO SIGGY.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

It looks like it could be by Ed Renfro or a version there of.

https://theinferior4.livejournal.com/923829.html

"This cartoon, from Playboy for November 1966, has always been a favorite of mine. But I only thought to digitize it recently.

I also, shamefully, never thought to look up the artist until now. That byline proves to belong to one Ed Renfro (1924-2012), who died, alas, with little acclaim just a year ago."
    [​IMG]

DizzyDaff, pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  8. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Holly mother of Jesus! What a house. Thanks for sharing. Colors, interior, garden, all of the collections. Wow. I’m not sure about the painting. Both have connections to Florida. If not a fortune get it, especially if you like it. Also, check on those silver coins. You can easily sell them. Thanks again

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. journeymagazine

Unless their Morgans - I have about 30!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. say_it_slowly

11. journeymagazine

Any thoughts on the poster? The measurements are exactly the same so I think it's a original, wonder why there aren't that many?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. journeymagazine

say_it_slowly hits another home run!!

Found it - thank you!!

ART GLASS VASE BLUE ACCENTS FLOWERS 6CAA.JPG

13. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Man o man that is some kinda sale that makes me wish I lived in Fla.

14. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Journey, did you get the painting and more treasures? Btw, I have some thoughts about that poster, it doesn’t look old. Is it framed? Or protected somehow that preserved its fresh look?

Draft saved Draft deleted