Any information on two floor lamps

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by EVIE55, Jan 18, 2020.

1. EVIE55

EVIE55 New Member

Hi,

I am looking for some information (material, dates, value, etc.) on these two floor lamps. I saw one similar to the one with stained glass, and it was a table lamp made by J. J. Braze & Co., NYC and called gothic style.

The other lamp is a bridge lamp based on internet searches and also works, however that is all I know.

It would be great if anyone has thoughts on price ranges for selling. Thanks so much for your expertise! StandlampON (1).JPG BaseofStandingLamp.JPG

Attached Files:

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Value is really dependent on where and how you sell. In my semi-rural Midwest market we used to sell similar bridge lamps with non-original glass shades like this in the $100.00 range. Now days, you would be good to get $35.00. Think your lantern lamp to be slightly more valuable. You may do better in metropolitan markets.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Material is likely iron for these, though they could have some brass parts. Use a magnet to test. These would be from the 20s- 30s. As I said above, your bridge lamp shade is not original. It would have had a cloth shade. Adding glass shades to these was very popular in the 80s and 90s. Made them more appealing but also sometimes caused them to be top-heavy and prone to falling over. Yours looks to have a good heavy base so this may not be an issue.

4. EVIE55

EVIE55 New Member

Thanks so much Brad for your help! I would like to keep one and am trying to decide which one.

Draft saved Draft deleted