ANY TENNIS FANS? HELP WITH SIGNATURES ON 1993 LIPTON POSTER

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by journeymagazine, Oct 6, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local estate sale in Coral gables (a high end neighborhood in Miami). The lady holding the sale told me she'd personally had asked everyone who signed it to sign it & thought it was signed by Boris Becker & S. Graff but couldn't remember who else (+ she had 4-5 people asking her questions at the time).
    Can anyone recognize any signatures (and where they are on poster)?
    Much thanks!

SPORT TENNIS POSTER LIPTON AUTOGRAPHED POSTER 1AA.JPG SPORT TENNIS POSTER LIPTON AUTOGRAPHED POSTER 2AA.JPG

ulilwitch and komokwa like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Total guess - Bjorn Bork on the far right in the sky?

scoutshouse likes this.
  3. Henry

Henry New Member

4. Henry

Henry New Member

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

The only one that even looks legible would be Byron Black. There were a lot of players so it would be extremely hard to tell who they are by those scribbled signatures. Although I loved tennis I am looking for names that stood out. Good luck. Maybe you could try signed autographs of the players.

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

If you go to this page and click on the tab labeled "Drawsheet" you'll get a chart showing the draws that includes all of the names. Be aware there were 128 men and 64 women in the tournament, if I'm reading that correctly. So, a big job! https://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1010001273

I'm a fan of the Grand Slam championships and also watch some others now that Tennis Channel is available. But I agree the signatures will be hard to decipher.

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks - think I'll just sell it as multi autographed Lipton poster - and that's it!

scoutshouse and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted