Featured Anybody know who made this Perfume Bottle?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by desperate_fun, Aug 21, 2018.

1. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I'm asking for a friend. Does anybody know who might have made this perfume?

We have been trying to identify the maker of this bottle for some time. Imperial has been eliminated, for now.
    It is 8" tall with stopper and 4 3/4" without stopper and 3" across. There are no markings. It is a heavy pressed glass with two mould seams. Various stoppers have been seen with this bottle, so that is also up for discussion.

Any help is appreciated.

@bercrystal

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I know I have seen it before, but have no idea where or when. I went through 3 of my books with no luck. Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Would think that stopper was original... Nice looking piece and excellent photos.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a baccarat made cognac bottle, not that I could ever have afforded that! :cigar::cigar::cigar:

desperate_fun and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. NewEngland

NewEngland Well-Known Member

The way the glass dots are arranged, it reminds me of Imperial Candlewick glass. I don't know if they made a perfume bottle.

desperate_fun and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. desperate_fun

Thank you guys for taking a look. It really is appreciated.

8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

desperarte, don't know if you friend saw this photo from an old ebay listing, they called it 'vintage candlewick style', sits on a little base with a different top.

Unknown.jpeg

9. desperate_fun

I hadn't seen that but my friend has seen other tops on this bottle.

Do you have a link to the listing?

judy and cxgirl like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

11. desperate_fun

@cxgirl

Thanks. I was hoping for a larger pic.

cxgirl and judy like this.
  12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Looking at the tiny photo the stopper appears to sit up too high from the neck. Also I did not see this bottle when I looked through my Imperial's Boudoir, Etcetera... by Myrna & Bob Garrison.

JMHO this was a marriage.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

if you copy and paste the listing title in google it will take you to Pinterest where there is a large photo:)
    maybe they or you could try this vintage glass group to see if Fran will maybe know who did it. She is the expert on Candlewick
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageGlass/

14. desperate_fun

@cxgirl

Thanks for the hint on the link. I'm pretty sure Fran has already been consulted on this one.

Parker House and cxgirl like this.
  15. desperate_fun

I should add my friend also posted a pic of a bedroom lamp with the same pattern.

lamp.jpg

cxgirl likes this.
  16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

was the lamp made by Imperial?

17. desperate_fun

The lamp is not Imperial either.

18. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

desperate_fun likes this.
  19. Parker House

Parker House Member

We (glass and perfume bottle collectors) are still trying to get an ID with no luck. And, yes, Fran is in on the search. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted