Anybody with some youngsters to start on some older stamps????

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Aquitaine, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Aside from about 160 give or take envelopes of I think 1st issue stamps that I posted before (and DH hadn't decided what to do with then), DH has found some '68 through '71 special issue and souvenir issue folders with stamps that if anyone has youngsters that might like to collect them???? We sure would like to clear them off the table top they've all been sitting on for a couple of years now!!!! He got the whole lot from a friend of his father's who passed back in about 1976/77 and I'm doing my best to get DH to get his *&%!@# cleaned up and out!!!! He hands me the stuff and says "get rid of it!!!" SOOOOOOO.......Here's a sampling......Will spin the generator if there's more than one person on Thursday....USA only unless others want to pay postage!! OI VEI, and he JUST brought up another box of some.....he may have a shortened life yettttt!!:vamp::vamp:

ZZZZZZ 1968 COVER.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1968 INSIDE.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1969 COVER.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1969 INSIDE.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1970 COVER.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1970 INSIDE.jpg
    ZZZZZZ 1971 COVER.JPG
    ZZZZZZ 1971 INSIDE.JPG

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't need em...untill I saw the Haida Canoe.....now I want em....please.

3. Tricia Harr

Tricia Harr Well-Known Member

I'm in.. my daughter would love this..

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Just a note. All those stamps are still usable, as long as they aren't cancelled.

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wow, that makes it more interesting. I am NOT in on this, mostly because I'll be traveling by Thursday next week and not able to check in.

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Doesn't mean you couldn't win it!!!!!

7. Figtree3

Thanks! True, but.. I'm still out of this one. :)

8. Aquitaine

Okee Dokee!!!!

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Somebody will love to have them!

10. Aquitaine

I have one more to add in the bunch....which I hope y'all understood includes (ahem....) +/- 200 First Day of Issue Cancelled Envelopes going back to about 1974 (those are the ones I posted a couple of years ago!......and PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU DO WITH THEM!!!! AND, Yes, I DO realize the above and this one aren't cancelled....isn't that part of what makes them collectible??? But they ARE FASCINATING to look at!!!! Here is the sheet of Israel stamps - unused: (sorry, guess I didn't make it small enough!!!)

ZZZZZZ STAMPS ISRAEL.jpg

11. Aquitaine

ONE MORE QUESTION, if someone doesn't mind.....there are a few small envelopes with OLD cancelled stamps that have been removed from the envelopes.....they are probably pretty worthless, aren't they? Somewhere in the windmills of my mind I remember someone saying they needed to be ON the envelopes....not taken off...........and I'm NOT changing my mind.....STILL ALL up for "GIVE AWAY"!!!!! NEED to move it along!!!!

12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Please throw my hat into the ring.
    greg

Figtree3 likes this.
  13. komokwa

My Dad started me collecting stamps when I was but a lad....
    it's a fascinating world..
    on envelopes, singles, corners, cancelled , not cancelled...there are many ways and many things to collect....
    Yes, it is most likely those packets are not worth much......but then we're not talking the '3 penny black' here.
    From 77 to 88 I worked for a company importing from Europe.
    When I saw how beautiful the stamps were that were being thrown in the trash daily...I couldn't help but go thru the office waste baskets...cutting them off the envelopes.....I had boxes..and boxes full.

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  14. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Aw, sure, toss my name in the hat. I like stamps... for kids... yeah, that's the story... for kids.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  15. Aquitaine

Thanks Komo!!

komokwa likes this.
  16. Aquitaine

HAHA!!! You realize that if you won, you'd be getting a 'boatload' of stamps 'n envelopes for one stamp!!!!!

komokwa likes this.
  17. komokwa

I'm counting on it !!! :happy::happy::happy:

Aquitaine likes this.
  18. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Maybe it will keep him out of trouble for a while. ;):p :rolleyes::D:D :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful: :hilarious::hilarious:

komokwa likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

HAHAHA!!! I seriously doubt THAT!!!!! BUT it's a GOOD thought!!!:D:D:D

komokwa likes this.
  20. komokwa

HEY !! u gals have some seriously twisted ideas of just how much trouble I can get into.............. oh.....wait.............................. never mind ! :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:

Tricia Harr, Aquitaine and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted