Featured Anyone gone to credit card arbitration?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by springfld.arsenal, Oct 10, 2018.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

An Asian woman in San Diego ordered two items for about $200. Plus shipping. We got tracking confirmation that delivery occurred. About 56 days later we got notice of a chargeback on the sale, and rebutted that with all required forms and copies of documents. The crooked customer rebutted that, so now their c/c company says we have to go to arbitration and will have to pay $550. if we “lose.” Any advice?

judy, i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Oh dear that sounds bad. Take a screen shot of the page where it says delivery was made so you can print it out and have it in case you need documentation that can be shown as proof.
    That's all I got. Good Luck.

judy, i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  3. springfld.arsenal

Tx, yes we have copies of everything pertinent and included it, whole pkg took hours to complete and the Asian party’s fraud is obvious to the casual observer. We’re not doing all this work for the $200., We just hate to be robbed, and we’ll be sad if the crook gets away with this. Now if the crook also has the risk of losing $550. I’m seriously doubting they’ll agree to the arbitration, so what happens if we go ahead with it and crook refuses? I’m not terribly afraid of risking $550. to try and regain $200., this thing is about principle now, dangit!

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Was their rebuttal non receipt or SNAD?

judy, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

Here’s the official status as received today. The cardholder made not a single contact after receiving the merchandise. The last sentence is a bit ominous, regarding the word “signed.” If a receipt signature is required, I guess we lose. We never pay extra to get a receipt signature. I guess if most credit card companies require that as proof that goods were delivered, well have to either stop taking card payments or make some major changes in policy. Sry it is so tiny!

731A34FF-9A7E-43BC-85CB-F74615C13DE6.jpeg

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  6. springfld.arsenal

Buyer claims non-receipt even tho we have cy of tracking page showing delivery to the customers address.

judy and i need help like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The cardholder made not a single contact after receiving the merchandise
    ----
    They say...multiple attempts ..... that don't sound right....

I'd say the buyer knows about the arbitration cost....and thinks you'll back out....

but yes....signature......it all may hinge on that...!

you have proof of delivery to the address....
    can you prove it was accepted and not left on the lawn.......??

judy and i need help like this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Sorry this is happening to you, it must be very frustrating. Is there a way to find out about chargebacks with the credit card company and if signature proof is required?
    That is interesting about the not providing signed proof on a $200.00 order. With PayPal seller protection a signature is required on amounts $750CDN and higher, I wonder what would happen with PayPal in a case like this.

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I forget, are you in the US? if yes, I am wondering if you can get the gps coordinates from the post office to show that the pkg was in fact delivered.

The gps coordinates show when the carrier scanned in the pkg for delivery and where the carrier was when delivered. Some sellers on etsy have had to do this to prove delivery when buyers claim the pkg never got to them. I have not had to do this... yet.

Only thing is, so much time has passed. But I guess you could call that post office and see if you can find that out to prove your case.

10. springfld.arsenal

It is pretty obvious to me that the c/c company is on their cardholder’s side as they have not asked them for proof that they contacted us, although they seem to be insisting on a signed proof of receipt, which does not exist. Well I still need to find out if crook is at risk for $550. also. Can’t really make an informed decision till I learn that.

But I’m not losing any sleep over it, will probably just be another “live and learn” experience. It is only second time I’ve been defrauded like this in I guess 10,000 or more online sales over about 28 years, so probability of this occurring again is close to zero.

judy, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Just out of curiosity, maybe ask credit card co. for all the information in writing about their process.

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've taken to using signature confirmation on anything $200 and above, for just this reason. If the credit card company is going to get shirty and require something Ebay doesn't, there isn't much you can do. I'd contact the USPS immediately though, since tracking info gets discarded and I think it's after 60 days. I'd also go for the jugular and file mail fraud if possible. Serve the fraudsters right if they pay more in lawyer fees than they got back from their credit card company.

Can you tell I don't like thieves?

Sparky, judy, pearlsnblume and 3 others like this.
  13. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

There is always the possibility that the package was left outside the buyer's house and ripped off by someone. From reports I've seen, apparently it's happening far too often all over the place. :(

Tanya, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Sadly it does, and more so this time of year with the Holidays coming.

15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

We don't know the size of the original package, but it's a possibility.

judy, Pat P and i need help like this.
  16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

sadly that does happen, but Spring says it was 56 days later that he was contacted about the chargeback - wouldn't you contact the seller before then if you hadn't received your parcel? Or maybe the buyer lives overseas but has the item delivered to a USA location and then it is forwarded to whatever country they live in?

Sparky, judy, Pat P and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Yup, you'd think they'd contact the seller sooner... unless they buy a lot of things and aren't very good at taking stock of what's been delivered?

judy, cxgirl and i need help like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

unless it's a scam..........

judy, cxgirl and i need help like this.
  19. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

it might be.

judy, komokwa and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted