Featured Anyone have an AskArt account that can help me with artist Bill Girard?

Discussion in 'Art' started by jakes vintage, Jan 19, 2018.

1. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

So I originally emailed the artist about a year ago but have yet to get a response. It' obviously his work as the signature is exactly the same as well the style, and he lives in the next town over from me and where I found these. I'm curious as to what to ask for them. I can see he' got multiple items sold but do not have any artist research accounts. These aren' his usual medium as it appears he works alot in bronze but I was hopeful these were early pieces since they are in what seems like pewter and only about 3" tall each.. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it, as I've been sitting on them a while and after loosing my job of 20yrs I'm trying to prepare for the tough times ahead... TIA Everyone!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lloyd249, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your job.....hopefully something much better is around the corner!!

3. jakes vintage

Thank you Judy, I'm sure there will be, but better to be prepared if not right away..

lloyd249, bobsyouruncle and judy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I cant make out the name?You might try looking at ebay completed sales for his work and see what they go for.For some reason I keep thinking chess set.

6. jakes vintage

I'e tried completed listings looks like most of his art sells from where AskArt is advertising at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    lloyd249 and judy like this.
  7. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Not that this is much help to you, but when the sole source of an artists work is on his/her website, there is seldom a secondary market for the work.

lloyd249, judy and komokwa like this.
  8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I went looking for solds and see you have listed the lot.
    I usually sell little pewter animals for at least 9.95 each in my B&M.

lloyd249 and judy like this.
  9. jakes vintage

I figured I'd take a chance and go ahead and list them won't be long before cash flow into the home will be depleted. But thank you all for your help..

lloyd249, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear that. Hope things will look up for you soon.
    In the meantime we will try to help with any information we can give you, and a listening ear if you need it.

LIbraryLady, lloyd249 and judy like this.
  11. jakes vintage

Thank you for your kind words you'e all so sweet and value everything you guys have shared with me! Again thank you So much!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about your job loss.:(..hoping things start looking up real soon.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your job.:sorry: Hope also that you're on an aggressive hunt for a new and better one!!!! GOOD things come to those with mettle!!!!!!:):):):)

Jaime Riggs and judy like this.
  14. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It looks pretty definitely like it says Bill Girard to me, but others may have a differing opinion.......edited and sharpened.....best I can help!!! But then you had already nailed that!!!! :smuggrin::smuggrin: zpseohjxfvm.jpg

judy likes this.
  15. Palazzolo

Palazzolo New Member

If this is the Bill Girard from Michigan, and this appears to be his style. He passed away in 2011. He is my mother’s cousin

judy and jakes vintage like this.
  16. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Palazzolo!

Welcome to Antiquers!

17. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

@jakes vintage
    Sorry to hear about your job...hopefully a new door will open as one closes....

18. jakes vintage

I appreciate that very much, this was actually posted a while back in Jan of 2018, I have since made a huge come back and now making just shy of double what I was at the previous company we had to move away from New Mexico all the way to Washington but we are all doing much better now!

19. judy

judy Well-Known Member

A new door did open!

So happy to hear the news!

jakes vintage and anundverkaufen like this.
  20. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the PNW, Jake!

jakes vintage and anundverkaufen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted