Anyone know a artist named Winston who paints most colorful landscape - ever?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 5, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found this at thrift store today - my searching skills are not the best because I keep pulling up Winston Churchill when trying to find info on 'artist painting Winston'!
    Can anyone tell me who the artist is?
    Does anyone agree with me that this is a beautiful landscape?!
    Thank you!

ART PAINTING WINSTON COLORFUL LANDSCAPE 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING WINSTON COLORFUL LANDSCAPE 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING WINSTON COLORFUL LANDSCAPE 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING WINSTON COLORFUL LANDSCAPE 4AA.JPG

KSW likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

'Fraid that's another factory painting.

Debora

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

You can negate a word from your search criteria by putting a "-" before it. i.e.: artist painting Winston -churchill

Potteryplease, KSW, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

This is one you should return if you can and hardly the most colorful landscape ever. After Van Gogh (and the other “Posts”)and The Blue Riders I’d give that title to Birger Sandzen. IMO he painted the most colorful landscapes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes, it is bright and cheery.....but look close......everything is blurry......there's no definition....it's like someone barfed color on the trees and grass and flowers...

I do like his water , though...

upload_2021-3-6_2-57-16.jpeg
    Here's a nice forest scene.....I like to actually see my birch trees.....;)

oh...and staples...on paper or cloth....... FACTORY !!

reader likes this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Really sparkles, doesn't it.

7. Kay Walker

Kay Walker New Member

My mum bought an oil painting some years ago, signed Winston 74 and I've been unable to find any info for it. I think she got it in Cornwall (possibly St. Ives) so may have been a local artist from there painted it but it depicts a place in Ireland. Not sure if it's the same Winston you refer to but if anyone can shed any light on my painting I would be grateful

Attached Files:

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Kay, I suggest you start a new thread for your query to ensure it gets the attention it deserves. Also, don't forget to post a photograph of the painting from both front and back including frame. They should be posted as Full Image rather than Thumbnail so they're easier for everyone to see. I've taken the liberty of reposting your photograph from above to show the difference. (And don't worry. All new members do the exact same thing with their first post!)

Debora

Screenshot_20240308_124206_Gallery.jpg

Kay Walker likes this.
  9. Kay Walker

Kay Walker New Member

Thank you so much Deborah for your kind advice. It was my mum's. I have a photo of the front so will also get a photo of the back and post a thread

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted