Anyone know about Gucci?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, May 31, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

So I’ve had the green one for a while and assumed it was fake as it’s only got a little logo on the inner edge. Then the red one arrived with a job lot and it has the standard Florence 24k plated stuff written on it that all the ones I’ve seen on t’internet have but comparing them they are pretty much identical.
    Does anyone know anything about Gucci logos or recognise the small logo on the green one?.I've Googled but failed.
    Red snakeskin is in better nick but the green one has got more gold coloured plating.
    2A2E4366-5A1E-45C4-A6F3-5C542AFADEF4.jpeg
    566DADA3-D094-422E-9E13-A3FFBCB587FE.jpeg

80B90832-5BC9-482E-869C-9255B3839A48.jpeg 856BB240-D0B1-4086-8C33-2E4CB9086B32.jpeg

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I know a bit about Gucci and I would suspect those aren't genuine. They're of a style that was widely faked. Couldn't tell ya for sure but... Both the quality and the markings don't look right. The fleur-de-lis is the coat of arms of Florence.

Debora

Florence_Coat_of_Arms.png

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Ah, that partly explains it. Thankyou.
    I wouldn't be surprised if one or both aren't fakes but I have to say that I can't find any photos on the internet of ones that look much better to compare!.

scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If you go to eBay and search for sold listings, you'll find some.

Debora

scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've seen a fair number of the phony ones, but never the real deal.

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yeah, they used to sell them on NYC sidewalks.

Debora

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I've looked on eBay and there aren't any that stand out as any different to mine apart from the one with the Florence stamp so I'm not sure how to distinguish between a real one and a fake. Most have sold fairly well but maybe they are fakes too?

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    In the 1970's I wore Gucci shoes. They were 35 dollars a pair. When they went to 50 dollars a pair I said "enough no dead cow is worth 50 bucks". In the 1980s I tried a pair on and they were 125 dollars. It was the last pair I tried on.:eek::eek:
    greg

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The genuine Gucci logo bracelets appear to be marked "Mod. Dep." and "Italy."

Debora

10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Only about 10x that cost depending on the decorative elements!

11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Reader,
    I know and what I did was go to Brazil and had 8 pairs of custom made shoes. The total cost was 140. I wore those shoes for 30 years of course most of the time I was tennis shoes or saddle oxfords for work.
    greg

reader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted