Featured Anyone know about new Ciner Jewelry?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Curioser, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

I got this pin recently and it doesn't have a siggy but the impressed circles on the back reminded me slightly of Ciner. I expect a few of you are rolling eyes but my friend said she believes some Ciner was unsigned. She also said she has a newer beaded necklace by Ciner, signed, and the quality is not like the old. Thus, I feel sheepish but am asking the Board. Sorry for over-lit pics; we have been in various stages of moving around a 150-year old house under demo and reno for months and all my normal set-ups and lights are misplaced.Three large black oval cabs, smaller red cabs and three gray chatons.

THanks so much! 3_black_cabs_red_oval_cabs_pin_2.jpg 3_black_cabs_red_oval_cabs_pin_1.jpg

Attached Files:

KSW, Aquitaine and Xristina like this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

3. Curioser

Yes, I have searched their site to see if I could find something similar.

I don't believe they actually stopped production but I'm not sure and I also can't find any info about how/if they still mark new pieces.

KSW likes this.
  4. evelyb30

KSW likes this.
  5. Curioser

Thanks for the info! Did you say the Met said Ciner doesn't sign pieces now? I didn't notice that.

KSW likes this.
  6. evelyb30

I said they didn't show pictures of the backs. You know those pieces are legit, but I couldn't see the backs to see how they're marked. Maybe if you asked nicely?

Draft saved Draft deleted