Anyone know age and name of these please

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ch51, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Can you show the bottom please, whether marked or not.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

4. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

Think its the one with standard on it

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Here is some info on the maker and date ranges for some of the marks.

http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/265.htm

Chapmans Longton Ltd

Longton

1916- 1966

China manufacturer at the Albert Works, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.

• Chapmans (Longton) Ltd were founded in 1916 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Thomas C. Wild & Sons.

• The business closed in 1966 when Allied English Potteries (who in 1964 had acquired the Wild companies) reorganised production.

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

7. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

Thank you all I will admit been on here for less than a week and you have all been fantastic in the help that you have given many many thanks

bercrystal, antidiem and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

Would anyone like to give a price for them because its from my in-laws house that my wife's family are clearing

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

We try not to give prices because there are so many factors that you have to take into account. That being said , I can say unless extremely rare 99.99% of china today is a hard,if not impossible sell . No one uses it ,no one under 60 wants it , and most thrifts are groaning with it.

10. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Value depends upon where you are located, what's hot and what's not, we don't ordinarily guess values, but at a garage sale, I would buy a cup, saucer and dessert dish for one dollar for the trio, but I would probably not spend more than that on old dishes that don't match the rest of my china.

Nowadays, many people have concern that old china could have lead metals.

On the other hand, if you list them on ebay for auction as a lot, someone with the rest of the set MIGHT find them. It would cost a small fortune to ship them out. I wouldn't want to bet any money on that because ebay's search engine seems miserable lately...

11. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Agree with Johnny^^ above! ;)

12. Ch51

Ch51 New Member

Thank you all for info

13. Svenedin

Svenedin Member

Old China does sell but not for great prices unless rare. I completed 2 dinner services belonging to my late mother for mere fractions of what she must have paid originally. A little sad perhaps but the bonus is we can eat frequently from what was previously reserved for “Sunday best” and I know I can get more if anything gets broken.

Draft saved Draft deleted