Anyone know anything about these stamps / value?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Peasnquiet, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Peasnquiet

Peasnquiet Well-Known Member

KSW likes this.
  2. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

3. David Kiehl

4. Peasnquiet

Thank you! I know that there are a lot of details on these stamps that make a difference, like type number (I believe this is a type II), number of cutouts in the stamps (this has 11 on top and bottom),etc... Trying to differentiate the 5K stamp from the $2 stamp lol

KSW likes this.
  5. David Kiehl

Your welcome. Stamps are not my thing but just trying to help!

KSW and i need help like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Besides Antiquers there are a couple of sister sites started by Peter.
    One of them is for stamps. Same set up as here I believe.
    upload_2020-7-13_23-16-59.png

Look to the top right of your screen. It changes from time to time when you click on a new thread.
    Stamps, coins and sports cards.

i need help and KSW like this.
  7. Peasnquiet

Got it thanks so much!

8. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

perforations , you will need a perforation gauge as they are measured in every ten millimeters ,and how big/small the actual printed part of the stamp... not how many holes it has lol , I have thousands of stamps , my kids hate it when i pull them out (supper will be late ) lol i say it is my one collection that takes up the least amount of space and the most amount of time , these appear to be just common stamps from the early 1900's , there is also a post mark collectors club for rare postal cancels these are also not them sorry and happy stamping . DSC09664.JPG

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  9. Peasnquiet

Okay thank you... i found them in the bottom of an antique (vintage) dresser I bought and was hoping for a score! Lol. Thank you for the information :)

lloyd249 likes this.
  10. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

been there done that lol i found stamps are just a time consuming hobby, not much money in them , like cards ,coins and beanies , there is more money selling you ways to preserve them . imo

i haven't even looked at a stamp in 2 years , i got so involved with the emailing all the dealers thinking i had gold ....not lol

Draft saved Draft deleted