Anyone know maker and or pattern name of these gold barware glasses?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by pearlsnblume, Nov 15, 2016.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Hi
    I have searched high and low and can't find a match for the pattern or a maker for these gold barware glasses. I thought they may be Culver but so far I can't find a match. Culver didn't necessarily sign each glass, that much I know.

They are not marked or signed in any way.

Pictures are not great, but I hope you can see the gold pattern on these glasses. At first I thought they were Greek Key but no.

Would be so happy to find out who made them and their pattern name if anyone knows.
    Thanks in advance. DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0012.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

It is Culver. This pattern is shown on page 60 of Culver Glassware Collector's Manual by Jeff Murrell. Unfortunately the pattern name is unknown.

Peggy

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. pearlsnblume

Thanks Peggy, I thought you might know since you mentioned here that you sold Culver glass. :)
    I don't even have an idea of what keywords to use for this weird pattern.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks again.
    :)

4. bercrystal

I bought the book last year after I had come across several different patterns. Of course I haven't seen a single piece since I bought it. :-(

As far as KW's, I would use gold encrusted over green & square / rectangle window pane design.

Peggy

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

Thanks Peggy will do. :)

6. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Look real close for a Culver Signature.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. pearlsnblume

Thanks Fenton, I am going to go over each glass as closely as possible.

8. bercrystal

I recently sold 2 Georges Briard tumblers with a gold encrusted owl design. Funny thing was there was absolutely no loss of the actual design, but the signature on both tumblers were almost gone. :confused::confused:

Even if you never do find a signature I think you are totally safe with calling them Culver. Just site the reference book I gave you in the above post.

Peggy

9. pearlsnblume

Thanks Peggy. I have had some other more well known gold Culver glass patterns in the past that I sold. Some had a signatures, some did not. And as you said, sometimes the sig comes off more than the pattern does. I find it is much easier to sell Culver if there is a pattern name, but I am just going to wing it and hope the buyers like the look.
    I will inspect each glass closely when I am ready to list them and see what is what.

And thanks again, I will site the reference book you gave me so potential buyers are assured.

I have yet to find any George Briard glasses, I only find the oblong trays. That was a good find for you!

Draft saved Draft deleted