Featured Anyone know the possible value?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Dillan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Dillan

Dillan Member

This is a photo of my great-grandfather taken on his first birthday in 1923 this is the actual chair he is sitting on in the photo I love him but he was an entrepreneur and he would understand financial situation me and my wife are in I've already made copies of the photo by taking them with my cell phone so I was wanting to know what could be the possible value if I were to put them up for auction? I think this is a pretty unique and rare said I have been doing a lot of searching and I have not come across anything like it

2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Dillan

Dillan Member

Yes I'm trying to upload a picture but it keeps saying the file is too large IDK why it won't let me post it

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

That type of photo typically sells for tops of $10-20 if at all around here.

i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Dillan,
    Unfortunately neither the picture or the chair is worth money. They are both priceless to you or your family. I am hoping your financial prospects will improve before you have to ditch such nice family items. I know your pain. I have sold many such family items and the few dollars they bring will not solve the problem but they will haunt you for the future. I am very sorry.
    greg

7. Dillan

Dillan Member

I know it sucks and thank you

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Heres the thing Dillan,weve all gone through your situation a time or two as most of us are older. As dreary and bleak as it may seem now,it will get better. It always does. Ive gone through deaths, foreclosure,bankruptcy,health issues,etc,and all you have to do is hang in there and ride it out. Life has a way of working itself out,usually for the better. Greg is right,in the long run selling everything nets nothing. Except regret ! While Id give anything to be young again,Im not so sure Id want to go through all the trials and tribulations again,it was ROUGH. Best of luck to you and hang in there. :)

9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

What Johnny and Greg said. The chair and picture are worth far more in the long run than any money you'd get for them.

10. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

11. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

If you have to sell, I say do your best to do it with no regrets.

As the last living member of my nuclear family, I find myself burdened (yes, burdened) with furniture and whatsits I don't like/have no interest in, but can't get rid of because I feel a family obligation.

I know my inheritors will toss a bunch of this stuff.

Or dear heavens, I hope they do.

12. taipan2

taipan2 Member

Similar photos in frame and hand colored in my area (So. West) $50-$75) depending on subject.

Draft saved Draft deleted