Featured Anyone recognise this blue and white design please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ownedbybear, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got pattern books but I'm being lazy. ;)

Scottish scene I think - anyone recognise the pattern/design name?

ta!

P1170425 small.JPG P1170423 small.JPG P1170424 small.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHA!! Today's sort of a "recovery" day from the time change here!!:happy::happy:
    But I love the platter and it does have a familiar look to it!!

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. Ownedbybear

Ooh. Sis, that does look a very good match. The Scottish Victorian fantasy castles are often based on chateaux, which might be why it looked Scots to me.

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Johnson Brothers did a line called Old British Castles. I don't think this is theirs because JB's have a much more elaborate border, and are usually well marked. But this could be a copycat.

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  7. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

You're right, it isn't. I have that whole set. And Chillon isn't British! castle.jpg

bercrystal likes this.
  8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

but on one of the routes of the Grand Tour down to Geneva and then to Savoy, Mont Blanc region etc..

9. Ownedbybear

Grand Tour indeed. Mind you, I'm wondering if this plate is French. The border isn't typically English.

Draft saved Draft deleted