Anyone recognise this blue flow backstamp? Staffordshire?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KylieS, Jul 24, 2022.

1. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Hello found this little jug today at a brocante in France, thought I would be able to figure the backstamp but I'm stumped! It's not very legible at all and I don't even know how to describe the forms to search for it...I think it says England at the bottom, but can't even be sure on that!

A reverse image search pulled up a similar jug for sale noted at 'W.W.R. & Co' but not sure it's a proper match as the mark is different...and have no further info on that maker in any case.

So: help me hive mind! Any thoughts from people more experienced than me with Staffordshire very welcome ... that's most of you, no doubt! 20220724_161823.jpg 20220724_162705.jpg 20220724_163127.jpg 20220724_163134.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Ps the back stamp photo looks blurry ... but it's just the flow blue. Doesn't get any better I'm afraid.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Houseful and KylieS like this.
  4. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Great thank you Janet! Obviously it is one of the reproductions...I only paid a few euros for it so I'm not worried at all, but I like to know what I'm looking at.

Actually I quite like the idea of owning a fake (not that I had any idea what it was purporting to be when I bought it!) I'm sure I will know a little more for next time ;)

Funny that they would bother faking items like this - not exactly worth a fortune anyway are they?

I did think it was a bit older than it is though, was misled by the crazing which indicated some age to my mind...though rationally know it doesn't have to be very old to be crazed, just the combo with the flow blue was enough to make me think 'old stuff' :smuggrin:

Anyway thank you again! I really would never have figured that by myself! :D

BoudiccaJones likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted