Anyone recognize maker of this ceramic horse?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tyeldom3, Aug 31, 2014.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

The stamp is on the bottom of the felt pad, but I can't make it out. Looks to have some Asian symbols. Probably made in China, but I think it's pretty anyway.:cat:
    Stands about 9 3/4" high
    Thanks for your time.
    DSCN2573.JPG DSCN2579.JPG DSCN2580.JPG

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I can see what looks like chung hua there

中華

for China.

It's the Chinese our word China comes from.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  3. tyeldom3

Thanks Af, that's what I suspected. Another item added to my ever growing.... "I'll just keep it then" pile.:D:shame:

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Look at Tang horses if you haven't already, pretty but lots are also pretty modern.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  5. tyeldom3

Thanks sis! You're right I just saw some very similar on Lowe's website, LOL.:D

6. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I think it actually says (in English) Made In China

tyeldom3 likes this.
  7. tyeldom3

Oh my, I think I see it now that you mention it desperatefun!!!:oops::hilarious::happy: woooooops

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's not new, but not antique either. Beyond that, it's pretty. Some horse nut would love it.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  9. afantiques

It does have a rather 'My Little Pony' look, don't you think?

tyeldom3 likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Back in the early 70s antique Tang horses were all the rage. Brought big bucks. I found a box of 24 in Odd Lots for 10 bucks, they were Chinese but not marked and unpainted just bisque. I painted them with drippy brown, green and blue glazes. I sold them one by one at yard sales and the flea market. I swear people thought they were the real ones since no marks. I got 15 bucks apiece and never a person try to haggle. I am sorry that I did not save one for myself.
    greg

11. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Af - Sometimes you wonder me! I know from Tang, but I had to look up My Little Pony. (Have heard of it; never saw it)

So -- how do you know MLP??

tyeldom3 likes this.
  12. afantiques

I'm childish and always have been. :)

Possibly it was a commoner fad over here. You can't not see stuff even if you don't want it

tyeldom3 likes this.
  13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

One of the first images I did when I started working in colored pencil was a Tang Dynasty horse. I had a postcard from a museum in San Francisco that has an original. :) chinese horse.jpg

14. Bev aka thelmasstuff

tyeldom3 likes this.
  15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

My eldest GD (2.5 yrs.) loves Hello Kitty and My Little Pony (Silver -- how did you miss it -- MLP has been around for decades). However, she calls them Heddo Kitty and Heddo Pony. ;)

16. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like your drawing, Bev!

tyeldom3 likes this.
  17. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

There are certain things I have missed rather on purpose. I have Never seen SNL, for instance. Nor the thing with the lady with the tower of blue hair. Nor Sex in the City, Mad Men, Breaking Bad... Somehow I have managed to survive. Of course, I am still working off a high from "Beyond the Fringe."

:)

tyeldom3 likes this.
  18. Bev aka thelmasstuff

We stayed with friends in NH for four days while we were there for my cousins funeral. They don't have cable and only get one channel so they watch TV via their computer. Every few minutes they have to roll the mouse around to keep it hooked up. They are really into Game of Thrones so every night we had to watch two or three episodes because they were 'catching up.' OMG. If I never hear about the Lannisters again I'll be happy. Gratuitous sex and violence doesn't even cover it.
    Thanks. I'll stick to books.

Draft saved Draft deleted