Featured Anyone recognize the crest or whatever you call this?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by gauntlettgems, Apr 3, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

388127B8-6E33-4464-894A-B82CB4AE794D_1_201_a.jpeg 132170B8-EACE-469A-B92B-7AEDBDAFA760_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi,

Anyone recognize anything about this? I tried all types of keywords and could not come up with much of anything Any help is very much appreciated

judy, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Looks like a 1960s pin.
    Maybe more decorative than based on actual crest.

Wait for others to comment.

Figtree3, sabre123, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

On that page the King and Queen each had their own coat of arms.

There are some things in common with this one, especially in the coat of arms of the king. However, it's not exactly the same. To me both the upper left and the lower right quadrants look quite different from what they are showing on that page compared to the original post above.

That being said, I don't know how much flexibility there is in depicting coats of arms. I thought they had to pretty closely match the official version. Here is a description of his coat of arms:
    https://www.casareal.es/EN/FamiliaReal/rey/Paginas/rey_armas.aspx

King Juan Carlos 2.jpg

Here is how it is described on the page linked above:
    QUARTERED SHIELD:
    1st, gules a castle or, triple-embattled and voided gate and windows, with three towers each triple-turreted, of the field, masoned sable and ajoure azure, which is for Castille;
    2nd, argent a lion rampant gules crowned or, langued and armed, of the second, which is for Leon;
    3rd, or, four pallets gules, which is for Aragon;
    4th, gules a cross, saltire and orle of chains linked together or, a centre point vert, which is for Navarre; argent enté en point, with a pomegranate proper seeded gules, supported, sculpted and leafed in two leaves vert, which is for Granada. Inescutcheon azure bordure gules, three fleurs-de-lys or, which is for Bourbon.
    Joined to the shield, the red saltire of Bourgogne and, to the dexter and sinister of the base point, the yoke gules in its natural position with ribbons, of the field, and the sheaf of five arrows gules with the arrowheads inverted and ribbons, of the field.
    All surrounded by the Golden Fleece and crowned with a crown of the same metal and precious stones, with eight rosettes, five visible, and eight pearls interspersed, closed at the top by eight diadems also adorned with pearls and surmounted by a cross on a globe, which is the royal cross of Spain.

5. Figtree3

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The castle and lion point toward Spain as they're symbols of two historical Spanish kingdoms, Castile (castle) and León (lion.) And, of course the fleur de lis point toward France and the House of Bourbon from which Juan Carlos descends. Yours may be a bit closer to Juan Carlos' son Felipe. But those figures on either side -- the lion and the unicorn -- are from the British royal coat of arms. Not my area of expertise but I'd think a fantasy. Dating to the late 1970s at the earliest as that's when Juan Carlos ascended the throne.

Debora

800px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spanish_Monarch.png 250px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom.png

7. Figtree3

Oh, possible!

antidiem and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think you guys have got it: costume jewellery, inspired by coats of arms of Spain & England*, artistic license & simplification applied.

* Should have said Great Britain, given the unicorn.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

..and lamb chops for dinner, BTW.

10. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

With fava beans and mint sauce!

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

While wearing your Brooks Brothers shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted