Anyone recognize these vases with nudes handles I think it is chaulk ware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brywil1970, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

Sorry hope the pictures are good enough I did not take them. There are no marks on the bottom and they appear to be chalk ware but I have never seen any like this.

TIA, Bryan

20150818_165707 (800x600).jpg

20150818_165717 (800x600).jpg

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

They look like chalkware to me too. I've seen chalkware in all types of shapes but these are certainly fancier than most. And i've rarely seen any that were marked. Sometimes, though there is a pressed mark around the base. I would guess these were a very inexpensive take on potteries like Cowan.
    Don

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, I've never seen anything like these. I like them, very unusual. They would sell like hotcakes where I live.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

And condition is exceptional for chalkware - looks like very little paint loss and no chips.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted