Anyone recognize this logo?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Cutter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I rotated it for easier viewing. Looks like CM or MC Co? Perhaps a photo of the table might help someone to ID it as well as what country it was found in.

upload_2020-10-24_18-26-23.png

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

More likely MC and the C stands for company.

Debora

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the C O ...stands for company

Fid, blooey and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Photos attached - I'm in the US. Kind of in the middle of refinishing the table since it was in pretty bad shape.

Table came down from my dad, who's no longer alive so unfortunately I can't just ring him up and ask where it came from. But he collected a lot of 19th-mid 20th century pieces from all over. Almost exclusively from estate sales in Illinois. Much of what he collected was Shaker furniture or some pieces made in the family generations back. This one stuck out to me given the manufacturer's label and factory screws, so I'm guessing it's a mid century piece, but you'll know better than I.

I'm not good at identifying wood but after a good sand and rub with mineral spirits we get some beautiful reds. Maybe you can tell from the grains better than I but I'm guessing it's cherry, unless the dyes from the previous finish really got into the wood pores and tainted the colors. I didn't chemically strip anything and don't plan to. If anything I'll just give it a natural stain and french coat with shellac.

Anyway, that's about all I know about it. It's been in a storage unit for a long time and before that obviously not treated well. Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

kyratango likes this.
  6. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Next time please choose show all images full size to avoid the thumbnail default. Thanks a bunch.

7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I'm also going to ask moderators to move this to the furniture forum for better exposure.

@Bookahtoo or @daveydempsey

i need help and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted