Featured Anyone recognize this signature?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Ninabeth, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

I have a wonderful photograph of author Alex Haley ("Roots"), probably taken in the late '70s. It's number 3 of a very small limited edition of 6 prints. The signature appears (to me) to be "Ben White", but I can find no info on any photographers with that name who are old enough to have captured this image. Any info on the sig or where to go for additional help greatly appreciated!

Image area is 10" x 15" - print is larger (cropped because of upload size limits).

ALEX-HALEY-tiny.png haley-ben-w-tiny.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Cool photo, can't quite make out the signature.

You mention it's #2 out of an edition of 3. On the front it says 3/6... I'd read that as #3 out of 6. Was there additional information on this, written on the back or something?

3. Ninabeth

Ninabeth Active Member

*ack* My clumsy bad - sorry! Will edit.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I tried a reverse image search but didn't get anything. Maybe someone can decipher the signature.

pearlsnblume and Ninabeth like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted