Featured Anyone recognize this signature?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jeasta, Jan 4, 2023.

1. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

I just picked up this blown glass vase. I'm a sucker for cobalt glass, and I loved the dripping brown glass. I cannot make out the signature and was wondering if any of you magicians have any idea who the artist is.

Thanks for checking it out! IMG_6321.jpg IMG_6343.jpg IMG_6339.jpg IMG_6341.jpg IMG_6333.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I could be a sucker for that too......... nice !

Jim Cecil............?????????

jeasta, sabre123, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  3. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

Thanks, I can't find anything about a glass blower named Jim C... anything. I really appreciate the help though!

komokwa likes this.
  4. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Might be an idea to start with the reference number engraved on it or to figure out manufacturer and then look for a list of their artists. I've tried HH270 but Google says no. Caithness perhaps? Good luck.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. jeasta

jeasta Well-Known Member

What is Caithness? Thanks!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

44210........ I would think...
    maybe Bath , Ohio .......?

7. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

So it's a zip code. Ha. I was way off with Caithness. Akron glass works perhaps.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Absolutely not Caithness.

Draft saved Draft deleted