Featured Anyone seen this Beatles watch before?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Aug 4, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this mint, still on the card 1990 Apple Corp Beatles watch at a yard sale last week-end. I googled it, trying to get an idea of it's value but I couldn't find another example anywhere!
    Has anyone seen or heard of this watch?
    Thanks all.

AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY TOY BEATLES WATCH 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY TOY BEATLES WATCH 3AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY TOY BEATLES WATCH 3AAA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A COLLECTIBLE EBAY EBAY TOY BEATLES WATCH 4AA.jpg

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It's interesting that George Harrison's signature is by Ringo Starr's picture, and vice versa. Seems like a mistake! Maybe that's part of the reason you haven't found any.

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Didn't even notice! - Thank you!

4. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

The Yellow Submarine had a Vending Machine full of them.

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I would definitely hold on to that until I had some certainty... a mistake about the Beatles by their own company and you can't find another online??? I'm just sayin'.

Bronwen, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I'm not seeing a mistake.

judy likes this.
  7. Figtree3

The photo at the top is Ringo and has George's signature above it. The photo at the bottom is George and has Ringo's signature below it. Believe me -- I used to be an intense fan and used to know just about everything about them.

Bronwen, bluumz and judy like this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

You and my sister Fig, she saw them live at Shea Stadium :D

Bronwen likes this.
  9. Figtree3

Wow! I've seen videos of that.

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Suggests to me that it is a knock off, not officially sanctioned by Apple Corps. Pix on the package are adaptations of the photos on the cover of the album With the Beatles/Meet the Beatles. Photo on the watch face is the one you kept getting when you bought the bubble gum that came with Beatle cards.

I saw them twice, in Detroit. I emphasize saw, you couldn't hear them for the screaming.

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

And 'Temlex' seems contrived to make you think Timex.

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I was thinking knock off as well......

Figtree3 and Bronwen like this.
  13. Cronker

Cronker Active Member

Yes, looks bootleg. I used to sell similar watches in my record store in the 80’s. sold for about 20AUD. Wouldn’t be worth a great amount nowadays, since everyone in the record store game had these.
    There was a range which included KISS, The Stones, Metallica, Roy Orbison and Dylan. Cheap, Chinese.

Figtree3, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted