Featured ANYONE SPEAK GERMAN? 1932 VICTORIA ZU BERLIN PAPERWORK - TRAVEL PAPERS?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jan 20, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A friend found this in a storage unit he won at auction. I think it might be papers allowing the person to travel from Victoria to Berlin?
    But trying to translate parts or if - I typed allgemeine - and got something about the ss division!!

Then when I put ALLGEMEINE VERSICHERUNGS-BEDINGUNGEN - It came out as insurance!?

So can someone tell me what I have - and is it valuable?!

Thanks all

COLLECTIBLE GERMAN PAPERWORK TRAVEL PAPER 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE GERMAN PAPERWORK TRAVEL PAPER 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE GERMAN PAPERWORK TRAVEL PAPER 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE GERMAN PAPERWORK TRAVEL PAPER 4AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE GERMAN PAPERWORK TRAVEL PAPER 5AA.JPG

Rayo56, McAdder, Phaik Hooi and 3 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

McAdder, Any Jewelry, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The wording in the fine print seems to cover not only death but the loss of various body parts - what we would call death or dismemberment. "Disability"

McAdder, judy, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  5. Bakersgma

On the front

fur Tod = For Death
    fur Invaliditat = for Disability
    an Tagegeld = daily allowance.

McAdder, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  6. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

good luck collecting on that! :cigar::cigar::cigar: sorry couldn't help myself

McAdder, judy, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  7. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

It is ..as I understand lifelong train and steamship accident travel insurance

McAdder, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  8. Bakersgma

So it is, Bobsyouruncle!

bobsyouruncle, McAdder, judy and 3 others like this.
  9. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Reading it reminded me of the German love for portmanteau words. No language I know has such an affinity for sesquipedalian polysyllabics.

10. journeymagazine

Didn't include air ship accidents did it? Just before Hindenburg crashed soon after this, no?

11. journeymagazine

Does it have any value? How would you look that up?

i need help, judy and scoutshouse like this.
  12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Probably not much, except to a descendant, or a collector of things related to the issuing company. If you can find either.

13. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

14. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften certainly comes into play in this situation

15. journeymagazine

Ephemera was the word I was looking for!

16. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

And so many words to describe something as precisely as possible, although Dutch is very close.
    I remember a study into the amount of pages of books published in all Germanic languages. A book is thickest in German, the same book is thinnest in English.

17. McAdder

McAdder Well-Known Member

This insurance is hilarious, its almost an insurance against the perils of modern times.

It includes not only trains and steamships but also motorized taxis and buses (excludes horse drawn ones), and elevators.
    The fine print even states that injuries from a fall because the bus took a turn to quickly is not covered, the bus has to have an accident.

(but sadly air travel is not included, I think that would make it more valuable, there are many airship memorabilia collectors)

Edit: I found out that according to Wikipedia, the last horse drawn omnibus in Berlin was in 1920, so the insurance covered most if not all public transport.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So, in other words, it covered everything but the one thing everyone in Germany should have begun worrying about in 1932.

Debora

19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

In those days, air travel was risky and crazy expensive, so odds were the it was too risky for the insurance company to consider covering.(LOL)

i need help and scoutshouse like this.
  20. Bakersgma

Did anyone else notice that this policy was issued to cover an 8 year old?

Draft saved Draft deleted