Anyone with a Worthpoint membership?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by classiquejunque, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Hi All,
    I bought a Northwood Grape and Cable punch bowl set today. The only reference I see is one on Worthpoint that sold back in 2007. I realize that it is pre-crash, but still would be interested in knowing what it sold for. And I don't feel like signing up,only to cancel after the 7 uses.

Thanks

2. Oops, should have clairified that it is the custard glass version.

3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

4. It's a bowl, base, and 8 cups, got what I hope was a great deal on it.

5. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

It went for 1,224.99

trip98 and afantiques like this.
  6. Very Very cool, Thank you!!!

7. Picked it up today. MINT, eight cups and what appears to be original hooks if there was such a thing.

[​IMG]

8. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I can understand it being rare because few people would have bought one.
    I think the colour is pretty horrible and there is an inbuilt conceptual flaw. If you use the little cups to scoop up the punch, what do you do about the punch on the outside of the cups dripping everywhere and leaving punch rings wherever you set one down?

9. Well, I think that they probably would have used a silver ladle to transport the punch from the bowl to the cups. Don't think the cups would have survived if they were used as scoops.

10. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

Sooooo....was it a great deal?

BTW Harry Northwood, the Wheeling Years by Heacock, Measel, and Wiggins (1991) lists it at 75/cup, 1800/bowl and stand. That's a 1992-3 price guide. (I think that's nuts even then, the golden years, but it is what they listed.)

11. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Searched priceminer. Couldn't find any comparables. Yah, I want to know also. Did you get a good deal?

12. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Book Price 1998: $1800+(8x$75)=$2200
    Actual Sold 2007: $1227
    Current Depressed Market 2014: ???Do let us know what it sell for!

13. Excellent deal. The only close on ebay is one nutmeg stain cup sold on a bin for $30. recently. It should be listed tonight, though I was thinking about checking with Jeff Evans about sending it down there.

14. That Northwood book quote is for the nutmeg stain, for the blue they say 125/cup and 2400 for the bowl. That would buy me a car- Any takers?

15. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I see you have a $499 bid already. How exciting!!!

16. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Did you know that Enlargement on Rollover is a free feature in PGP on ebay? Don't know if you can add it now that you have a bid, but it's so worth it.

17. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH $2550!!!!!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  18. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

WooHoo! Congrats!:woot::woot::woot:

19. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Wow! Great score, classique!

Draft saved Draft deleted