Apple Shape Porcelain Ginger Jar

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 11, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any idea who made this?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I don't know who made it, but I kind of like it. :)

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Kard - how big is it? It looks a lot like a McCoy cookie jar.
    Don

FlyingButtonRanch likes this.
  4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    I think you are right. It is about 7 1/4 to top of finial.

5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

There is an apple cookied jar in Vol3 of the Nissen and Hanson McCoy book (p.138)...but with different color glaze..

Black and white ad repro page in Vol 2 (p251)--shows apple cookie jar..No20 sizes 7 3/4x 7 1/2 (but leaf on top appears different..but could be the picture or my eyes!!!)

Also vol 2....(p226) shows more apple jars....similar to yours is dated 1950

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It looked like a McCoy cookie jar to me also but I could not remember what the bottoms looked like.
    greg

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It looks like McCoy, but the colors look off here. They are more yellowish than green in the background. They run $25-$50 online.

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    The McCoys came in different shades some yellowish some green (granny smith). I have had three that were different shades. In the 90s I was only getting 10-15 dollars. In the 80s 50-75. The year was 2008 when everything fell
    greg

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have a friend who collects cookie jars and she had the apple and it was a different color. I didn't realize they had different shades.

Draft saved Draft deleted