Are these 1980's? Necklace & Bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Tauriel, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

The necklace is marked NR...Is this 1980's Avon? If so does it have any desirability?
    The Bracelet is strung on older elastic, the only mark I can see is a star inside a circle, Have any descriptive keywords for this type/color of Bracelet? It's a little like Dragons Breath,.. but not made from stone. The metal on both is like a faux bronze. Thanks :)
    IMG_7270 copy.jpg IMG_7253 copy.jpg IMG_7262 copy.jpg

2. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I found an NR here....see link.

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksn.html

Not sure when lobster claw clasps came into vogue? The same with cushion cut stones? The same with the use of multi colored stones? My guess would be 2000+..?

I think the style term for the necklace is a "Lavalier" ?

3. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I've had some avon jewelry marked NR, but it's always said Avon on it too.

Some of the Nancy & Rise jewelry looks similar to yours. Either name doesn't seem to bring very high $$ unless it's something rare or unusual.

Pretty bracelet - wide and chunky bracelets are popular now. Does it have that lightning blue effect of dragon's breath?

4. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

Yep, Nancy & Rise Lavalier necklace. $1 THANK YOU:)
    The Bracelet does not flash blue so I don't think I can use "Dragons Breath" in the title...the rhinestones have the Aurora Borealis finish to them though.

5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

The bracelet might sell on its own merits, though without a name getting it seen is the hard part. I think it's pretty - it's just hard to get people to see it in a sea of no-name jewelry that exists on ebay. And if that stretchy thread inside is worn, a lot of people don't want to mess with that (even though it's a super easy fix).

I guess it depends on your profit threshhold is too. There's been things I've listed that I know I will only make a couple bucks on, but when money is lean, $5 is better than nothing. :)

Good luck with however you decide to sell them.

Draft saved Draft deleted