Are these chairs Teak or Rosewood?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by MarylandRenaissanceMan, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Hello all. I posted some months back about some Niels Koefed chairs that I have and plan to sell. I am *finally* getting around to doing the selling. I have a question:

From the photos, can someone tell me if these are Teak or Rosewood? (There is apparently a price/market difference.)
    Teak or Rosewood 1.jpg Teak or Rosewood 1.jpg Teak or Rosewood 1.jpg Teak or Rosewood 2.jpg Teak or Rosewood 3.jpg Teak or Rosewood 4.jpg Teak or Rosewood 1.jpg Teak or Rosewood 2.jpg Teak or Rosewood 3.jpg Teak or Rosewood 4.jpg

Attached Files:

2. F&C

F&C Well-Known Member

I'd say teak

Boland and komokwa like this.
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

4. mark737

mark737 Well-Known Member

komokwa likes this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

6. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Yes, both threads make it clear these definitely look to be made of teak, not rosewood. I think the density would only help if we knew the volume of the wood in the chair. Works great with silver - dunk the whole piece in water - but I can't imagine it for furniture!

komokwa likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

teak.....

Boland likes this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

T :eek:...!........:hilarious:

10. OP: And the winner is... <drum roll...> <open's envelope...> <hushed audience...> Teak!

Thanks to all of you who replied. :)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted