are these headed for Garage sale pile.?

Discussion in 'Art' started by nursenancy4, Apr 28, 2016.

1. nursenancy4

nursenancy4 Active Member

Found these 2 in back of closet, part of my daughters decor about18 yrs ago. label of back has Hockinday school Dallas and a pupils name All I can make out is Hesta, kind of interesting subjects, I really want to let you know how much I appreciate all your help particularly with the Whipple even if it as a print. I was given it as payment in lieu of 200.00 owed me, so maybe it is same one listed on ebay, Anyway back to these gems in the rough girl.jpg

Attached Files:

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I rather like the one with the lady . They aren't horrible , but I don't think they are particularly valuable . At least in my humble opinion .

KingofThings likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Only see one. I see the artist as Vesta Greenleaf. This would not appeal to everyone but it does show some talent. I doubt I could sell this in my retail setting but ebay might be a possibility. Not worth a lot either way unless Vesta became more famous.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

OK, now I see the second one. Thought the back of the one said Bottles and American Hag ..... LOL!

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

For what it's worth... Hockaday School in Dallas is a very prestigious boarding school for girls. Beautiful old campus and lots of preppies with secret tattoos, even still. No, I didn't go to school there, but I went to some awesome secret parties behind the old gym and at a bar/café a short distance away from the Eastern end of the campus!
    I like these two. Nice for a home bar, with the right décor...

lauragarnet likes this.
  7. nursenancy4

nursenancy4 Active Member

sorry about that this the other one thank you

Attached Files:

8. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I would give ebay a try. I think you would probably do better than selling at a yard sale.

9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

AND... I would suggest mentioning the "Hockaday School" name... their alumnae are extremely loyal and interested in memorabilia. Maybe a painting from one of their "sisters" back in the day might really interest them!

lauragarnet likes this.
  10. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

11. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

She truly was ! Very Natalie Wood !

lauragarnet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted