Featured Are these Schafer & Vater plaques worth €70 .....

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

They represent Cupid and Psyche

Size: 13cm x 16cm
    Colour: Olive Green

I have seen a Ruby Lane a similar pair (different images) on Ruby Lane offered for $360 and a 2013 valuation for one of the Cupid and Psyche at $200.

There is no sometime S&V 'R' mark, but this was apparently often omitted. Although I have just seen on Photo 4, right over to the right of my circle the possiblity of a LETTER or Mark, but cannot make it out.

I am considering them for resale, although I like them, so would be happy to keep.

Plaque 1.jpg

Plaque 4.jpg

Plaque 5.jpg

InkedPlaque 2_LI Lowres.jpg

InkedPlaque 3_LI Lowres.jpg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

2766 with crossed swords in photo 4.....? Also a 3 in 5th image.....They’re VERY LOVELY!!!!

3. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

I’ve sold some similar in the past. These are a little nicer but I feel that the current going rate is under £20 each. You may be luckier.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've piccked them up for a few quid and been totally unable to sell them.

KikoBlueEyes, Fid, popsycat and 6 others like this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree with John. Over $20 each is a stretch unless you find plaques that are unusually large.

6. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

I've taken your advice and will keep the money warm in my pocket. Thank you all.

Draft saved Draft deleted