Featured Art Deco? and 2 Other Glass Perfume Bottles - Comments

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, May 10, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

These three perfume bottles are completely different, and I would appreciate any comments or thoughts that anyone has about them. I think the first one is Art Deco, the second, newer, and the third one? I am trying to figure out where to put them in my collection - special or pedestrian - and my searches have been less than fruitful.
    1. Art Deco? The first one has a top, shape and cut design that looks something like Art Deco ones I've seen. It is 3 1/4" tall and has a 2" square bottom.
    2. Newer? The second one has a nice shape for gripping. There is a simple engraved\etched design on the front, frosted sides and a plastic tube that attaches to the brass top that is depressed to spray the perfume. It is 4 inches tall.
    3. Silver casing. The third one is small and for a long time sat on my window sill, since I thought it was dull, modern, metal covering and top. Then one day, I was polishing silver and decided to give it a run, and low and behold, the tarnish came off and revealed a silver shine. It is small at 2 1/2 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches square bottom. It has small glass dots along the edge and a 3 7 molded in the middle.
    Any thoughts, comments or ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

IMG_0366 (1).JPG IMG_0365 (1).JPG IMG_0363 (1).JPG IMG_0364 (1).JPG IMG_0356 (1).JPG IMG_0357 (1).JPG IMG_0358 (1).JPG IMG_0552.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG

ulilwitch, Ce BCA, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Love it, Art Deco with a hint of Bauhaus.:)
    Other metals also clean up nicely with silver polish and silver cloths. (I'll go hide now :sorry::bag:)

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice glass.........:happy:

4. KikoBlueEyes

AJ. Thank you very much for the Art Deco confirmation. No need to hide. I wasn’t locked into it being silver. Just my thought.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:happy::kiss:
    Do you know someone who can test it for you?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That last one is pretty modern. They were sold as giftware in the 90s. I've got one somewhere. First one is Art Deco, I'd say the frosted one is 50s/60s ish.

KikoBlueEyes and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

No I bought a test kit and it didn't work for me. The local jeweler closed and moved during COVID. I'll just put it back on the window sill. :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Excellent. I was thinking Art Deco but couldn't find something like it. Thank you. Good to know the place in time for the frosted one. It's not very big, so I squeeze it in with the better ones.

Ownedbybear and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted