Art Deco bar?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Michelle Linden, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Michelle Linden

Michelle Linden New Member

Hello. I recently purchased a home with what appears to me to be an Art Deco style bar in the basement. Can anyone share any info on this? I apologize for the poor pics, but I don't have possession yet. (Hopefully then I can find a name inside or some kind of indentifying info).

Attached Files:

2. Michelle Linden

Another pic

Attached Files:

Aquitaine and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The top certainly is Art Deco,and in terrific shape.Im not convinced the cabinet goes with it,but maybe better pics will change that. Congrats on your new house. :)

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle! Welcome to Antiquers!

Michelle Linden and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2018-7-16_14-55-13.png

Welcome to the board.
    Nice piece.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's very nice !
    Remember ...taking pics into mirrors....can be revealing !!! :jawdrop::happy::happy::hilarious::hilarious:

7. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Ha! And even misleading! Until we looked a lot closer, we thought it was someone's left leg and foot rising up next to the gal on the right, which raised all kinds of questions...

Michelle Linden, judy and komokwa like this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Back bar is definitely old and period art deco … probably circa 1930. Think it probably had another lower section originally. Can't tell anything about the front bar from this pic.

Michelle Linden, judy and komokwa like this.
  9. Michelle Linden

Thanks everyone! I am anxious to get into the house and look for any identifying info. I am bummed that the right botttom section is missing.

10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Right bottom section could have been a refrigerated case with glass front. Maybe not working so not salvaged. Get yourself a mini-fridge of appropriate size to sit there and get rid of the white monstrosity.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

or paint the ' white monstrosity ' in an art deco design......:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted