Art Deco Bronze Bowl.

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Iouri, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Hello everyone .I Did buy yesterday,looks nicely,but no any idea what is it? Need your help. No marks. Thank you. IMG_9998.jpg IMG_9994.jpg IMG_9997.jpg IMG_9990.jpg IMG_9992.jpg

lovewrens likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Looks like it should have a glass (?) insert? The green corrosion is concerning. Someone else will no doubt mention why it's there and how to clean.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The design is closer to Art Nouveau than Art Deco, but it could be from a later period.

johnnycb09 and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

I see..Did you see similar?Maybe You can put some example?Thank you.

5. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

6. Any Jewelry

No, I'm just going by the style.
    If I was looking for something similar and I found it, I would have posted it here for you.:)

7. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Very nice .Thank you.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Hello'' Any Jewelry'' I' d like to ask you Is this bowl belong Victorian Art Nouveau? ''The period between Victorian (Art Nouveau is essentially a subset of the Victorian era, which lasted from 1837-1901)''Thank you.

9. Any Jewelry

Victorian is a term that only pertains to the English speaking world. Art Nouveau is a decorative art form which originated in France and spread from there. The style period is ca 1890-1914.
    So it is not a subset of the British etc Victorian era, it is an international decorative art form of French origin. There were related movements in different countries, like Jugendstil in the German and Dutch speaking world, and the Arts &Crafts movement in Britain.

10. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

You explain to me very good. Thank very much.

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Great informative answer!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

At least some of this looks like some sort of residual cleaner left splashed on it... maybe just soap & water with a soft tooth brush to clean some of that off....not saying it will touch the green.....looks like a nice piece!

IMG_9992-low_res-scale-3_00x.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

Thank you for your opinion ,agree.